Rehabilitation is the specialized healthcare aimed at improving, supporting or restoring of the patient’s physical strength and mobility with maximum efficiency. It allows people gain greater independence after various diseases, serious injuries or surgery. The doctors of Tianjin hospital help elderly patients with different health conditions − Parkinson's disease, radiculitis, osteochondrosis, and so on. Using the unique therapeutic modes of Traditional Chinese Medicine, we achieve perfect results in diagnosis and treatment of different health conditions with people of all ages.
Department of Rehabilitation
Department of Rehabilitation of the First Teaching Hospital of Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine was founded in 1970. The aim of this unit is to render specialized medical aid to the patients with neurological and cerebrovascular diseases. We treat people after cerebral stroke, clients with infantile cerebral paralysis and many others. Apart from the therapy itself, the doctors of our Department develop actively the new methods of rehabilitation for the patients with central and peripheral nervous system diseases.
The head of the Department is Li Jinbo. He took part in creation of a number of innovative complex rehabilitation systems. Nowadays Li Jinbo manages the work of 29 specialists of the Department. Each member of this team has acupuncture skills, is experienced with pointillage, and well aware of invasive restorative treatment methods.
Our Department of Rehabilitation is equipped with physical therapy apparatuses, fitness machines, physiotherapy machines, and equipment for peripheral nervous system complex rehabilitation, so that our patients can recover as early as possible and restore their normal daily activities.
Conditions we treat
The patients of the Rehabilitation Department are the people with following disorders:
- Nervous system disorders: cerebrovascular disease and its consequences (dysphagia, speech disturbance, dystonia, shoulder-arm syndrome, and so on), headache, insomnia, Parkinson's disease, mild cognitive disorders, mental debility, etc.
- Spinal cord injuries (amyotrophy, myodynia, motor disturbance, and so on), Heine-Mediii disease, acute idiopathic polyneuritis, radiculitis, cervical spondylosis, protruded disk, etc.
- Bone and joint diseases: cervical spondylosis, osteochondrosis, bone fractures, osteoarthrosis, etc.
- Other disorders: ankylosing spondylitis (Marie-Strumpell disease), rheumatoid joint inflammation, functional dyspepsia, intestinal obstruction, uroschesis, uroclepsia.
Methods of Therapy
In the process of treatment of the abovementioned diseases our doctors apply both European medical methods and the techniques of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). They also use the following achievements of technological development:
- Manual therapy;
- Stimulation of active spots;
- Exercise therapy: aerobic training, weight training, balance training, walk training, strength training, as well as Chai Ti;
- Intake of individually selected herb teas prescribed in accordance with the patient’s state of health.
The techniques of TCM in combination with the methods of replacement therapy worked out by the specialists of our Department speed up recovery of the patients after stroke. Besides, we cure the clients suffering from central and peripheral nervous system diseases, as a result of which serious disorders develop (with movement limitations, paralysis of upper or lower limbs, and muscular system malfunction among them). Our methods of therapy promote reactivation of local blood circulation and nervous system trophism, which improve neuromuscular transmission of impulses from the central nervous system.
The specialists of our Rehabilitation Department underline that treatment of the abovementioned diseases should be started in their early stages. It is the guarantee that the patient will recover as soon as possible, and all the physiological functions of his body will be completely rehabilitated.
If you need professional help in restoration after serious diseases and traumas contact us by therapy request form. Fill out all its fields and do not forget to offer us your individual medical data, so that our doctors could work out your personal regimen of treatment.
+86 138 1102 3493
88 Zihuan Road, Xiqing, Tianjin, China